Sunday, December 11, 2011

2012 Right to know-Label Gmos

Do you know if the foods you eat are genetically modified (GMOs)? If not, you would if they were labeled! Did you know that they're in about 70% of the processed foods on grocery store shelves, foods like breakfast cereals, soda, tortillas and salad dressings? Have you ever wondered just what a "genetically modified" food is? I did. When I found out, I decided I have a right to know what's in the food products on those shelves so that I can make an informed decision about the food I choose for myself and my family. And then an opportunity presented itself that allowed me to finally do something about it: A grassroots effort for a ballot initiative that, if voted in next November, will require labeling of food products that contain GMOs. If you'd like to know more about or get involved in this issue, the 2012 Right-to-Know, Label GMOs initiative, you can: visit the EG Online community page, and check out the Events section, too visit www.labelgmos.org For me, this movement is about food freedom. How do you feel about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment